How 'The Voice of China'rose to success
This year a new TVreality show became an instant hit with audiences and forever changed thelandscape of Chinese television broadcasting. Within a few hours of its firstlive broadcast on July 13, "The Voice of China" managed to capturethe viewers' attention and hearts.
"The Voice ofChina", China's adaptation of a Dutch reality talent show, sees itshopeful contestants going through a blind audition, with four celebrityjudges/coaches picking their teams of singers who will then go on to competefor a recording contract and a highly publicized concert performance.
The show turned out to bean unexpected success, especially at a time when the TV market is basicallyoversaturated due to the large numbers of reality talent shows similar towestern programs that are coming to viewers on a daily basis, like"American Idol," "X-Factor" and "You've Got Talent."
•It is …enough for me to….
Ilike reading comic books very much. It is interesting enough for me to enjoy.
•If there is one thingthat delights me, it’s….
If there is one thingthat delights me, it’s the country music.
•I am satisfied with….
I am satisfied with thefood cooked by my mom.
•… would be one of my bestchoices.
Reading books on sciencewould be one of my best choices.
•I couldn’t ask for better… than ….
I couldn’t ask for betterhobby than shopping.
1. Do you like music, andwhat type of music do you like?
2. Have you learned toplay any musical instrument?
3. What kind of music ispopular now in China?
4. How does music affectpeople’s lives?
5. Do you want to be asinger?
Describe a song that has special meaning for you
You should say:
what song it is
when you first heard it
what the song is about
and explain why this song has special meaning for you.
1. Why don’t older peoplelike pop music as much as young people?
2. What do you think arethe benefits of learning to play a musical instrument?
3. What can we learn fromforeign music?